Saturday, September 11, 2010

I've got to get better at this!

I realize I have totally dropped the ball in the blogging department. I want to do better! I promise I will try! Ever since starting back to work, it's been hard for me to remember things. My brain is on strike and it's very frustrating.

I'm just going to type this post as things come to mind because that's how my mind works these goes....

I had my first prenatal appointment on Friday. I was 6w6d. Today I'm 7 weeks. The appointment was disappointing just like my first appointment with Brooklyn was. They didn't check for a heartbeat or do an u/s like I was hoping. They asked me lots of questions and took a urine and blood sample. I was told that if I don't hear back in about a week, then I can assume that all the results came back appearing normal. They scheduled me for my follow-up appointment on the 28th which is a little over two weeks away. At that appointment they will check for the heartbeat for sure and I'm hoping they will do an ultra sound to verify how far along I am. I'll be just past the 9 week mark. I made sure the schedule it for the morning so that the u/s tech will be there (he usually leaves by noon). There wasn't anything too interesting about the visit except for one thing. When she was looking on the little chart to determine my due date based on my cycle, I asked her what the doctor's policy was about scheduling a second c-section. I had assumed that since I already had one, that I would be an automatic candidate for a second one and that they would automatically schedule me for one. The nurse got a strange look on her face and told me that this would be decided by the doctor as my pregnancy progressed. She said that if everything went fine and I had no complications throughout the pregnancy that my OB would probably just let me go natural. I was a bit shocked, to say the least. I had already set in my mind that I would be having another c-section. I had already started getting excited at the prospect of being able to set the date of that c-section pretty early on in my pregnancy and know the exact date I would go in to have this next one. I was perfectly fine with that. I was planning on asking her what her stance on VBACs was, but I did not intend on pushing it. After my experience with natural labor with Brooklyn, it just did not seem appealing this time around, especially if we see that I'm going to have another big baby. So...that will definitely be something I discuss in length about with my doctor. I'm definitely not one of the women who has their heart set on an all-natural birth. I feel that the ultimate goal is to have a healthy baby and wether it be by c-section or vaginally, I am still just as much a mom as anyone else and my kids aren't going to give a darn how I delivered them. And that's my 2 cents on that! lol

Brooklyn has been entertaining us daily with new things she does. She has started using her index finger a lot to point at things and to shake her finger "no" back and forth. It's extremely cute and funny when she does that. She will also stick her finger up her nose if you ask her "Where's you're nose?" I don't know how she learned that, but she did and it's hilarious! In fact, she did it just this past week in front of one of my classes at work. I ended up having to bring her in to work with me on Wednesday due to flooding in the neighborhood my day care is in. We had some major torrential down pours that day and there was major flooding throughout the city my school is in. Buses were unable to drive through many streets and it was just crazy. Anyways, long story short, I tried to get her to day care and couldn't so I went on to work because at that point it was the safest, closest place for me to get until I figured out what I was going to do. I ended up staying for my first 2 classes while they found coverage for my afternoon classes. My students were totally entertained by her and in on of the classes, I was holding her up front explaining an assignment when she stuck her finger right up her nose and started laughing and looking around to see how many people were looking at her. It was the funniest thing and my students laughed quite a bit! Needless to say, we didn't get much done 1st and 2nd periods that day.

I've been feeling decent this pregnancy. The nausea is definitely kicking up a notch, which isn't fun. I was given some nausea medication from my "cousin-in-law" (my husband's cousin's wife) who is due here in November with #3. She took them for her morning sickness at the beginning of her pregnancy so I'm going to give them a try! I really need something for when I'm at work. It's so hard to be in front of a class, dealing with teenagers while you feel like hurling. (nice mental image, I know). Of course I will call my OB and make sure it's ok to take these, but they are commonly prescribed to pregnant women for nausea so I don't think it will be a problem. I've also been feeling quite a bit of fatigue and had some mild cramping. I called the OB about the cramping because it was sharp and very localized and it scared me a bit. They told me it was normal cramping and that as long as I'm not spotting or bleeding, there is nothing to worry about. That definitely put my mind at ease! I can definitely see that this pregnancy will be more difficult to get through than the first because now I have a toddler to keep up with all whilst feeling sick and tired and sore (more towards the end on that one). I'm not looking forward to that part, but I figure, she's going to keep me so busy that these next 9 months are probably going to fly by!

I'm going to buy some new maternity clothes online from Old Navy because they're having a really good sale. I also need to dig out my maternity clothes from last year. I bought a Be Band today from Target so I can wear some of my normal pants for longer.

I also bought some new fall clothes for Brooklyn at Target today because they were having a great deal. It was $4 a piece for jeans, khakis, and colored pants as well as cute little t-shirts to go with them. I bought several of each! She should be all set for the fall as far as everyday clothes go. Now I still need to get her a good winter coat.

My house is a mess and I have not had the energy or desire to clean it. I did a little today because I felt too guilty sitting and doing nothing while Brooklyn was napping and my husband was out working hard. So I got up and did some dishes and cleaned our room up a bit. I felt better after that. I need to get motivated to do more around the house. I know I can't just sit around wishing the nausea and lethargy away. I'll have to work through it and get things done.

I think that's all I can type about right now. My mind is starting to wonder away from me which is usually a sign to stop.

I really hope to post some pictures very soon.


Aileen said...

Hang in there! You've got alot going on. I was tired by the time I got through reading your blog. Your nausea should be gone by the end of your 1st trimester. It is harder being pregnant when you have a toddler you have to take care of. You'll make it though:)

Aileen said...

Hang in there! You've got alot going on. I was tired by the time I got through reading your blog. Your nausea should be gone by the end of your 1st trimester. It is harder being pregnant when you have a toddler you have to take care of. You'll make it though:)