Friday, December 19, 2008

quick-pre-Christmas update

Just wanted to check in with "all" my readers and give a little update before the holidays. Today was officially my last day of work for TWO WHOLE WEEKS!!! It was such a relief when I walked out of my classroom today. Not that the past few days has been difficult as we've been watching a Spanish movie. Still though, I was ready to not be there anymore. So this afternoon I went to lunch with a friend and then met my mom and went Christmas shopping. I bought the first gifts I've bought all year for my niece Katelyn and my brother-in-law Mike. I still have to get a gift for Madelyn, my other niece and get my sister's stuff wrapped. After I get all that done, I'll be able to shop for everyone else. Shopping normally wears me out but today I was so exhausted by the time we got done with our 2 hour shopping trip. I couldn't believe how tired I got and how quickly. Now we have to go to practice at Church for our Christmas service Sunday which will be great, I'm just tired and not in the most spirited mood for it. I also have the Woolbright Christmas celebration all day tomorrow and it's in Sachse which is almost an hour away so that will probably be an exhausting day also. I'm ready for Monday when I don't have to really do anything or go anywhere.

The belly is still growing and I'm really starting to feel just plain ole' fat. I've also been having some bloating and crampy feelings in my stomach which feels awesome of course. At the end of my work day I'm exhausted, grumpy, usually have a headache and just want to sleep. Yesterday I got home feeling aweful and got in bed in my work clothes and slept for 2 hours. It felt really good. I guess I'm going to have to start taking more naps.

Well, I'm going to stop here because I need to print some music off for practice tonight and run by Walmart to get some stuff done. Hope everyone has an awesome Christmas!!!

Love,
Steph

3 comments:

Melissa said...

The tiredness will be around for awhile but you should start feeling perkier in the second trimester. I was always wiped out at the beginning too. I cherished the summer naps I took after work when pregnant with Katelyn. I did not, however, get to do that when I was preggers with Maddy. Katelyn would not allow it :o) Enjoy the naps and just rest as much as you can. Have fun tomorrow. I'll be mailing your gift soon. It should hopefully be there before Christmas at least.

Lydia said...

I totally feel you on the exhausted part! I have several more things to do before I can go to bed and we have to get up at 4 in the morning to head to Indiana tomorrow. But I seriously cannot even move my legs. I'm sure the cleaning, laundry, packing, and errands I ran today aren't helping me any. Atleast I'll get 14 hours in the car tomorrow to rest up. haha Enjoy your 2 weeks off and definitely take naps as often as you can! Like Melissa said, once your pregnant with the second one, it doesn't happen, unless you can squeeze one in while they're napping, which is rare at our house. Have a Merry Christmas!

McNeely said...

I am sorry you are so tired! you sounded great sunday!