Friday, August 14, 2009

The return of an old hobby?? Maybe...

I can't even stand how cute she is when she is sleeping. Can you?? These pictures were taken a couple of mornings ago on one of the mornings she came to sleep in bed with me after her 7am bottle. Isn't she so cuddly and cute? Don't you want to squeeze and kiss those adorable cheeks? I do. And I get to. :) Everyday.





I also am in love with these little tennis shoes she has. They are small enough for her to wear right now so I make her wear them all the time. The picture below shows the cute flowers embroidered on the side. I don't know how much she actually likes wearing them but they don't seem to bother her; meaning, she doesn't cry when I put them on but sometimes they do fall off when she starts kicking her feet.



















The cute green outfit in the next three pictures was given to her by a dear friend of my sister's from college (who is now my friend as well thanks to facebook and the fact that our daughters were born one day apart). Debra received two of these as a gift and didn't have the receipt to return the duplicate so she gave it to me after I made a comment as to how cute I thought it was. Green is one of my favorite colors (if you were at my wedding or have seen our wedding pictures, this is evident by the bridesmaid's dresses). I think Brooklyn looks absolutely stunning in green, don't you? 




 This was an attempt of mine to get a semi-decent picture of me with my daughter post partem. Brooklyn didn't cooperate too well with her face making and I don't look fabulous or anything but it's the best I've got right now. I just love this little girl. Can you tell?
 

 
 































I love snuggle time!

All this picture posting has gotten me back in the mood to doing more photography. I used to be REALLY into photography and even took some engagement photos and family fotos for different people. I loved editing the pictures and playing with them on the computer with all the different effects and such. Unfortunately, I don't have any really good photo editing programs so I have to make do with Picasa, which is great for a free program. I dream of the day that I will be able to afford Photoshop and learn how to use it and make fabulous photos that wow and stun people. Until then, we will have to just accept my mediocre Picasa edits. 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Aileen said...

The pictures were great! Brooklyn does looks so cute lying on your bed asleep. Maybe you can get back into photography again. I do remember when you just loved to take pictures! I'm glad I get to squeeze those cheeks and kiss them too most days.

McNeely said...

i love these pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and yes i want to squeeze her!!!!

Melissa said...

Wow, I really needed to catch up on your blog! Yes, I do want to squeeze her!! I def think you should get back to photography. You have a great suject to photograph!
Sounds like Brooklyn is growing perfectly. I'm sorry to hear about your frustration with her crying etc. Does her bouncy seat have a "vibrate" option? I know swinging and vibrating really helped both my girls (especially Maddy who was my fussiest). Mom mentioned that Brooklyn didn't seem to like her swing much. I would let her cry it out a bit in the swing after you've done everything else and see how she does. The swing was a life saver for me. I couldn't live w/o it! It's funny I was more frustrated w/Maddy than w/ katelyn. Madelyn was definitely fussier and less content as a baby. She's easier than Katelyn now, however! lol
I didn't know you had taken her to get her pictures! How did that go? Can't wait to see them.