She weighed in at 19lbs 12 oz. I was a little surprised that she wasn't 20lbs already but she's pretty darn close to it and the doctor wasn't worried that her weigh gain had slowed down a bit. She measured 28 inches and her head was 45 cm. The pediatrician said she was perfectly healthy and hitting all her milestones. She didn't get any shots and will only get them at her 1 year appointment (I can't believe that's the next one!) on July 19th!
Right now Brooklyn is:
- crawling ALL OVER THE PLACE! She gets into everything and gets around very fast!
- pulling up on everything as well and standing for a few seconds without any support.
- still sleeping in our bed with us! We put her down in her pack n' play each night but she eventually wakes up so much that we end up letting her back into our bed. I know, we're being push-overs, but right now we gotta do what's easiest with both of use working and Waylon going to school on the days he doesn't work. We just need to get as much sleep as possible. This summer though, I'm tackling the sleep issue.
- Discovering new sounds to make with her voice.
- Growing back a thick head of blonde hair.
- eating her solids pretty well and we are starting to give her table food very regularly. She likes chicken, we discovered at Cheddars last week. She still loves yogurt and anything fruity and sweet.
- she's learning how to drink out of her princess sippy cup.
- Getting cuter by the day!!!
So there is a little update on Brooklyn. Here is a recent picture of her at Easter. I will have to do a post soon with some more recent pics. She's changing everyday!
This was her Easter dress that her Nana Perryman gave her for Easter. The flower comes off her hat that I bought from brair.claire online and took it off the hat and then put it on her bow. She did really well keeping it on and not taking it off.
I'm now under 30 days of class left! That doesn't count weekends, that's just days I actually have to be in class! It's so wonderful knowing the end is so near! Our last day of school is June 3rd and I have to go to work the next day to finish up grades and clean out our rooms but that day is super EASY. I'm so excited about having the summer off to spend time with Brooklyn and go to our family reunions. Yes, I said reunions. We have a Ross reunion and a Woolbright reunion. Thankfully, there will be a month between both to recover.
In other good news, my sister just found out this evening that she is finally pregnant with her third baby! She has been trying to get pregnant for 21 months! We are thrilled to be welcoming another baby to our family! Can't wait to meet this little boy/girl! To be honest, I'm hoping they have a boy! I would be so excited to see what their son would look like. Part of me wants to hurry up and get pregnant again so my sister and I can have at least one pregnancy together. But I need to wait till at least August so that I can have an "end of school year" baby and not a "middle of the school year" baby or "end of summer baby" again.
Welcome to the family baby Mietzner #3!!! We love you already!!