Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Good Morning Girls - An exciting journey

I recently (like 2 days ago) discovered and joined a wonderful online ministry and Bible study group called the Good Morning Girls. It's exactly what I need at this point in my life. I have longed to be in a study with other women, sharing and learning, but haven't had a schedule which allows for it. I have considered BSF as well and when my time allows me to, I will probably join one of their groups in my area. For now though, while I can't physically meet with other women for a Bible study, I'm thrilled to share about the Good Morning Girls. You can click on the link above and it will take you to the site which explains how they operate. In short, it's an online community of hundreds of women, from all over the country and the world, split into small groups, going through the same study (this 12 weeks we are going through the book of James) and keeping in contact with each other via email, twitter or facebook and holding each other accountable in our daily devotional time. It's a wonderful idea!! I encourage you to go check it out right now. They give you every resource you need to get started, including print outs for the each day with the passage you are to read and the break down of their S.O.A.P. study method. It's simple, easy and can be done quickly if you're busy like me, but can also be something you spend a little more time on. I can't say enough how excited I am to be a part of this.

The official start date of it was January 17th, but it's not too late for you to get started and catch up. You can also do it at your own pace. I've connected and become a group with two other young ladies that have a lot in common with me through the message boards on the GMG website. If you're interested in joining a group, I would be more than happy to have you in my group and add you to our email list. If you aren't ready for the pressure of being in a group and being in contact on a daily basis, then please don't let it stop you from going through the study on your own. The book of James is a wonderful book to study and I'm really looking forward to everything I will be learning from it and from the insights of the other ladies in my small group.

I will try to post once a week about what I'm learning in my study. This post won't include anything about my lessons so far, I just wanted to get the info out there for my small group of followers. :) I hope you will consider joining in on this! If you have any questions, Angela, the leader on the GMG website has shown to be very quick and attentive to the questions posted on the message boards. Or you can ask me and I can give you an answer if I know it!

2 comments:

Melissa@Simply Mel said...

That sounds great! I'm doing a new Bible reading plan I found from a couple of other people who have posted on it on FB. The M'Cheyne Bible reading plan? Have you heard of it? I started late doing it and have missed a couple of days so I"m behind on that. But I'll just keep reading as much as I can!

I hope you can get a lot out of this.

Unknown said...

I looked up that Bible reading plan and it seems really good! Lots of reading! I wish I had time for one like that right now. I probably will later in the year but definitely not at this point. That's why I decided to stick with the NT in a year plan. I'll still do my reading plan along with my GMG study. I'm really excited to be doing both, and quite proud of myself that I have been able to mostly keep up with my reading! It would be embarrassing if I couldn't since it's only 1 chapter a day on weekdays only! lol.