Here's a list of things she's up to these days:
- She loves the word "No" and goes around saying it CONSTANTLY. She says it in answer to our questions but also when there is nothing to say no to. She also will say it to her baby and then spank her. That's pretty funny when she does that. I wonder where she got that from...
- She says "hi" and "bye" to almost everyone. This includes people in stores or if she sees people getting in their cars and driving away. She yells it! It's cute. She also says it to us first thing in the morning when we bring her to our bed after she wakes up. I'll try to close my eyes and rest a little more in bed and she will be right in my face saying "Hi! Hi! Hi!" It's hard to be irritated with her at that point because it's so darned cute!
- She has 15 teeth and is cutting her 16th!
- She still takes a bottle in the mornings and at bed time but we are working on weaning her off that.
- She can tell us when she has a poopy diaper, but sometimes will confuse a poopy diaper with just having gas.
- She says "peas" for please any time she wants something or we ask her a question and her answer would be "yes". She hasn't figured out "yes" yet so she says "peas" instead.
- We occasionally spank her (usually a not-very-hard pat on the diapered bottom) and she has now taken to spanking herself! I'll ask her (when she's being naughty) "Do you want a spank?" and sometimes she'll nod her head yes and start patting herself on the butt. It's really funny and completely undermines the authority of the spanking!
- She has started doing this thing with her pointer finger when she wants something. She will point at whatever it is and wag her finger up and down like that makes it more emphatic that she wants what she's pointing at.
- She can name several body parts, including: nose, eye, and ear (eow) and can point out those three plus her mouth, hands, feet, hair and belly button. She's a smart girl!
She's growing up so fast and becoming a little girl instead of my baby. Once Layla comes in April she will be the big sister and that part makes me a little sad. I didn't think it would be so hard to watch her grow up and not be a baby anymore. But she is a barrel of laughs and cute as a button!
I'll leave you with a picture I posted on Facebook of her a few days after turning 18 months.
There's my princess!
We love you Brooklyn Alivia! I can't believe I lived 28 years of my life without you and I look forward to watching you grow into a beautiful young girl!