Friday, May 22, 2009

32 Weeks and some exciting news!

I hit the 32 week mark this week which means my countdown is REALLY on! I'm really excited to be at this point in my pregnancy and am definitely feeling more and more ready to have this baby. That doesn't mean that I have everything done that I need to have done before she comes because I'm FAR from that. First off, we haven't even started her nursery because we won't be living in the apartment when we have her. That's been one thing that has been a bit of a disappointment for me this pregnancy that I haven't been able to work on a nursery. I really feel like I'm missing out! Anyways, back to being 32 weeks...I feel like Brooklyn is quite large, there just seems to be no way that I'm going to have a small baby. I've had many comments from people lately that I look like I'm going to have this baby "any day"! It's kind of scary to think of how big I will be if I carry her full-term!! That's another 7 weeks and 5 days! I'll be HUGE! I'm hoping I don't carry her full-term though.

So on to the exciting news... my dad called me this week to inform me that the guy renting his house has found another place to live so he will be all moved out by June 1st which means we get the house on June 1st!!! I was sooooooooooooo excited! The thought of having to move at the end of June was slightly stressful since I know I'll be huge and miserable. So now we will have plenty of time to get moved in and settled down before Brooklyn arrives. The house is in great condition and ready for move in but we're still going to do some painting before we move all our stuff in. We've chosen two colors that we will get in 5 gallon buckets. One will be the color for the living room, kitchen and hallways and the other will be the color for the rooms. We've chosen a color called Almond Paste for the rooms because it's a nice creamy beige color that will match anything. We decided NOT to paint the nursery pink so that in the future we don't have to repaint it if/when we have a boy. Plus, Waylon just did NOT like the idea of having a pink room in our house. lol. It doesn't bother me not having a pink nursery either. The color we are doing for the rest of the house will be a light, greyish blue color that's really pretty and we think will look nice with the furniture we have and will be easy to match on decorations. We didn't do much decorating in our current apartment so we will have to slowly buy things here and there to decorate our house. So don't expect any Martha Stuart looking home if you come see us and when I show pictures on here! I do have some ideas for things I want to do though and I think after a few months living there it will start looking very nice. One thing's for sure: it will beat living in an apartment by 1000 times!!! I can't wait!!

So there you have it. I don't have any new belly shots but will try to take some this weekend. I'm thoroughly enjoying my 4-day weekend and when I go back to work on Tuesday we will only have that week and the next week left for school and then I'm home free!! Till August that is...but I don't want to dwell on the negative. :-) I'm so looking forward to not having to get up and go to work everyday feeling the way I have been feeling. The farther along I get, the more difficult everything is and I just need some down time.

Hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day weekend!!

4 comments:

Betsy said...

I didn't get to do a nursery for either of my kids... I felt like I was missing out, too. But after the babies were born it didn't even matter!

Aileen said...

I like your new layout, very nice! I'm glad that you all get to move into a house too! Brooklyn will have a nice nursery when it's all said and done. It will be so much easier keeping that house organized too, alot more room and places to store things. I'm excited for you too:)

Grace said...

I understand how you must feel with the whole nursery thing. I'm sure being in a place you know you aren't going to stay with a bunch of new baby things that you can't open yet must be frustrating. I'm so happy for you about the house though! I know how wonderful it feels to go from apartment life into a regular house and it is great! I hope I'll get to visit you there one of these days! :)

Melissa said...

That's so exicting! You will feel so much better about everything once you move into a house. You will have so much fun doing a nursery for Brooklyn. I had so much fun setting up Katelyn's before she was born. I would just sit in the rocking chair in her room and look around and imagine what it would be like to have her in it. Madelyn just moved into it the way it was for Katelyn so we didn't have to change anything for her. It's such a fun time! Have fun decorating. You will def have to post pics. At least I'll hopefully get to see it in Oct!