Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My baby girl turned 7 weeks today. I can't even believe it. She is getting bigger before our eyes. Today I went and did a facial on a friend and saw her beautiful daughter, Katelyn, who was born one day before Brooklyn. Katelyn looked so tiny compared to Brooklyn!! When I saw her, I thought to myself "I have a HUGE baby!!" lol. Granted, Katelyn's mom is a small girl so she'll probably take after her mom and be dainty and delicate. Unfortunately for Brooklyn, she seems to be taking after me. I'm not dainty or delicate in any way. I'm the opposite of that, in fact. I'm tall and large! Brooklyn doesn't stand a chance poor thing...

Currently, Brooklyn can be found smiling a lot! She makes our hearts melt with her beautiful smile. We act a fool around her just to see a little grin. We act a fool either way, but we are really foolish to get a smile from her. She also loves her bouncer so she ends up spending a lot of time in there when we are trying to get stuff done around the house. She is starting to warm up to her swing and has taken a couple of little cat naps in it recently. This makes me happy because the swing is a very nice swing given to me by the cheerleaders last year. Brooklyn has finally fallen into somewhat of a schedule. She wakes up once in the middle of night around 4am and takes a bottle and then will sleep till 8am. Then she'll feed every 2 1/2 - 3 hours after she wakes up in the morning, unless she takes a longer nap. She'll nap several times a day and typically doesn't get put "down" at night until we go to bed, which has ended up being around 1am most nights. This will be changing very quickly when I go back to work. I won't be staying up that late anymore. Her schedule will most like change then and she might get up earlier in the night. Once I'm back at work Waylon will be taking the middle of the night feedings more because he doesn't get up early on Monday, Wednesdays or Fridays. He only has school on Tuesdays and Thursdays and doesn't work till the afternoons. That will be nice when he takes over during the night. Right now, I do most of it, only because he is working and going to school and I'm not really doing anything. lol. 

Brooklyn has been doing a lot better in the digestion area. She is doing a lot better about expelling her gas and having at least one BM a day - today she has had three. I just changed an amazingly messy diaper. She had a very pleased/relieved look on her face after that. 

She's still very fidgety when she is falling asleep or in a lighter stage of sleep. She also likes to suck on her fists a lot. Usually it's when she's hungry, however, she will do it sometimes when she isn't hungry. I think she just likes the taste of her fists. 

She keeps us very entertained now with all her cooing and gurgling and smiling. She stays awake and alert a lot longer now and I think she's really starting to notice her surroundings. She will hold her head up and look around the room when I'm holding her up and it's really cute to see her head bobbing around unsteadily. She's definitely going to develop those neck muscles because she's constantly holding her head up. 

I'm dreading going back to work - let's just get that clear. Apparently my students have done very well for my sub so that makes me feel better about not being there for the first three weeks of school. I've been trying to make it over to school once a week to meet with my sub and see how the kids are doing. It's going to feel weird coming in 3 weeks into the semester but it won't be the first time I've had to do that so at least this time I know what to expect.

Waylon continues to show what a great daddy he is. He loves to spend time with his little girl and talk to her in a silly voice. I love seeing them together.

Here are some recent pictures we've taken of her.





Our little sleeping beauty!

Sorry it took so long for me to finally post again. Things have been busy around here! We had our first women's Bible study this past Monday night and we had an awesome turnout and a great time. I think this study is really going to be a blessing to all of us.

I continue to press forward in my goals. I've already gotten going on two of them this week! I got my rec center membership today and went and had my first workout. I've also stepped out and become more bold in my Mary Kay business. I am going for the free car! That's my new goal in that area so wish me luck!! I will keep you posted as to where I am at reaching that goal. :-)  Anyone who wants to help me to reach that goal just click on my website link on the right sidebar. I'll be more than happy to help you with all your skin care and cosmetic needs. 

We are now going to watch 17 Again. I've already seen it but Waylon hasn't so we rented it. It's so cute and funny. I was excited to watch it again. Zac Efron is quite a cutie...

3 comments:

Grace said...

Sounds like things are settling in for you guys with Brooklyn! I'm sure you are feeling more comfortable with everything. I can't believe she is almost two months old! She is such a cutie!

Aileen said...

I love the pictures! Even though I see her all the time I still like to see pictures of her:) Yay for going to the rec center today!

Melissa said...

Time flies doesn't it? Brooklyn is already 2 months. I'm telling ya... she'll be 2 before you know it. It's sad really... Anyway, enough of that. I'm looking forward to seeing Brooklyn in a month. I'm sure she'll be even huger then! lol I enjoyed her pictures again, although I already saw them on FB. Her "o" face is soo funny!