Sunday, September 6, 2009

A week from today I will be returning to the work force. As much as I would like to say that I'm completely depressed about it, I can't. Being home all these weeks with Brooklyn and even the several weeks before having her has shown me that I'm not cut out to be a strictly stay at home mom. This doesn't mean that it's still not my goal to be one, I just realize that when I DO become one, I will need something else to do to keep my sanity. A hobby, a group of friends to meet with, a women's Bible study, Mary Kay. I absolutely cannot just stay home all day, every day, and just keep a house and take care of my child. At least not right now. I'm actually looking forward to going back to work and being on a schedule and having something to do that makes me feel a little more productive. Don't get me wrong: spending time with my daughter has been wonderful. The problem is that I don't get anything else around the house done when I'm at home with her. All I do is sit and look at her and hold her and think about all the stuff that needs to be done. But I don't do it. At least not until my mom comes over and takes over watching the baby while I get stuff done.

So here's to me returning to work in a week. I hope my classes are all in order and caught up and settled into their daily routine. If they aren't, I will understand. Sometimes it's hard for a sub to get the routine going for a teacher if it isn't their own routine and they don't know exactly what it's supposed to look and feel like. I look forward to meeting my students and, gasp, teach! lol I never in a million years thought I would be saying this if you asked me about it at the end of school last year. Sigh...things change so quickly....
***********************************************

As though we don't have enough new stuff to deal with around these parts, we added another one yesterday. We welcomed a beautiful, shiny black lab into our family. He's 1 day older than Brooklyn (I thought that was pretty cool) and he's an absolutely beautiful dog. He is already bigger than Rowf, which isn't hard to be, and he has a very cute personality. His name is Cash. At least for now. This is Waylon's dog and he will be an outside dog. He will also be a catalyst to make Rowf into an outside dog. Now that Rowf has a new friend to play with who will always be outside, Rowf will always be outside too. He doesn't like this idea just yet. He doesn't understand why suddenly he is having to sleep and play outside all day when he was enjoying his domain inside the house. He still thinks he's the big dog around here which will change soon enough once Cash hits a big growth spurt. Rowf won't stand a chance. Cash has obviously never been inside a house because he walks very awkwardly, as though he was afraid the floor was going to fall out from underneath him, when he is inside. Once outside, he runs and frolics like a normal puppy. I think he really thinks these tile floors are the strangest thing he's ever walked on. So this means we're back to puppy training and all that goes with it.
*******************************************

As we speak, Brooklyn is sleeping snugly and deeply on her new wedge pad and in her new swaddler blanket. I'm not sure why it took me so long to buy both of these things but they seem to be working like a charm with her right now. She has been sleeping for the past hour and a half without so much as a peep! She has been a very fidgety sleeper as I have mentioned before. She would fall asleep only to wake herself up with her startle reflex or she would rub her face alot with her hands and knock her pacifier out of her mouth. Now her hands are tightly wrapped against her body and she is unable to do that anymore!

I'm not sure what is going on with my computer but I have had to re-type some stuff several times and it keeps deleting it!! I must be hitting a button and not realizing it. I'm going to stop here so I don't do it again! I'm tired of typing the same thing over and over again! Grr!

I will be making a post soon that was suggested by my sister. I'm not going to give away what it till be about, BUT, it will be cute and fun and involve pictures. Stay tuned!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Omg! I didn't know you had gotten a new dog! Wow. sounds cute. Labs are cute dogs and great when they get bigger too. Now you're making me want to get another dog! Mike has actually casually mentioned he might get me some birds... This has been a point of contention b/c he hates birds(all of them) and has forbade me to get some.
It's good to hear you are looking forward to going back to work. I do remember how much you hated it last year. I was afraid you were going to resent it and having to work and be miserable until your school day was done. So, that's good! I have always wanted to be a SAHM mom and enjoy 'home keeping'. I'm never without something do to.Eventually you'll figure out how to get stuff done WITH Brooklyn around. It only gets worse after the first one! lol That's great that she likes her swaddle blankets.Here's to her sleeping better now!