Sunday, September 20, 2009

Happy 2 Month Birthday Brooklyn!

Brooklyn,
Wednesday you turned 2 months old. We can't believe we have had you for two whole months already. I can't even remember what things were like without you around. It seems like more than two months. You have brought us such joy in these past 2 months. Your smile makes our hearts melt and we fall in love with you more and more everyday. You make me excited to be a mommy. I miss you everyday when I'm at work and can't wait to get home to see you. You are currently taking 4oz of formula every 3 hours or so. You like to suck on your hand while it's balled up in a fist. You don't like your pacifiers anymore. You sleep better now that we bought swaddling blankets. For the past two nights you have slept straight through the night without waking up! This makes us very happy! I still get up though and go and check to make sure you're breathing. Mommy still worries a bit every once in a while. You are still sleeping in our room - mommy's not ready to send you off to sleep alone yet. You'll have plenty of years for that ahead of you. You have grown out of all things "newborn" size. You are going up to a size 2 diaper as soon as this last bag of size 1's is used up. You can wear most 3-6 month clothes. We aren't sure what you weigh but will find out tomorrow at your 2 month check up where you will also get your first round of shots. I considered doing a delayed vaccination schedule but ultimately decided that getting all of them at the normal time was best for you since I'm around 150 dirty teenagers everyday who are carrying who-knows-what kind of germs on their hands. You have begun throwing little temper tantrums every evening around 7 pm which last anywhere from 30 minutes to a couple of hours. Usually you calm down after you have been swaddled and carried around on your side for a while. Once you calm down from that you are always ready for a bottle. You love to be carried around facing out now. You love looking at things and sometimes get fixated on one thing and it's usually a light or a blank wall. We find this very funny. You smile a lot now and usually in response to us. You love it when I make your legs "run" when you're laying on your back on the bed. This is when you get the closest to actually "laughing". It's so cute! Your little feet are still the cutest feet in the world. I love to kiss them. You love your bumbo seat in small doses since you can't hold yourself up for long periods of time yet. But you still enjoy sitting in it on the coffee table where you can see everything around you. You still make lots of cute little noises when you are sleeping and enjoy rubbing your face into things like my shoulder, pillows, blankets and your hands. We aren't sure what that's about but it's funny and cute! I thank God for you every day and am amazed at what a perfect little creature you are. You thrill us and complete us and we are so happy you came to us this year. We are the luckiest parents in the world. We Love you Brooklyn Alivia!

Here are a couple of pictures of you recently, you cutie pie!

One of your cutest expressions - your smile.


You and your daddy outside on the day of your 2 month birthday.


One of the ways you sleep best now...my little papoose!


You love to sit in your bumbo. You like to be able to see everything.

I posted all these pictures and more on Facebook so if you want to see more pictures, go there! We go for her 2 month check up tomorrow so I'll have more stats on her soon.

Now I'm going to go over to my parents where miss Brooklyn is hanging out. She will be spending the night over there tonight. I need to see her for a little bit before I come home and go to bed. I've been back to work since last Monday and it is EXHAUSTING! I will have another separate post about work on another day. That deserves it's own post!

4 comments:

Aileen said...

Great post! I hope she can read them when she gets big! It does seem like she's been here for a long time. I can hardly remember when she wasn't here either:)

Melissa said...

she's soooo cute. I told you it was going to go by fast. It will be so cute when she starts laughing. There is nothing cuter than a baby's laugh. It's precious!

Debra Waldo said...

I can't believe are babies are 2 months old either. I'm glad she is sleeping through the night for you. Lucky! LOL! This is a sweet post. I like that you wrote it to her. I started a journal that I was writing to Will, but I only wrote 2 entries. Ha! Brooklyn is a doll. I can't wait to see her at Katelyn's party.

McNeely said...

she is so big!!! i love her smile!!! hey btw who is michael davs on facebook??? he has requested friendship and he is our mutual friend....
neways... thanks for everything girl!!! love ya