Sunday, September 21, 2008

Doing the hard things...

Waylon and I have decided that we are going to get rid of Daphne, for sure this time. We've been talking about it off and on for a while. He has been totally for it for quite some time. I have been on the fence about it. I'll get REALLY frustrated with her at times and at that point be totally ready to give her to the first person that comes around and then she'll fall asleep on my lap and I'll see how cute she is and not want to give her up. The fact of the matter is, right now, we just can't have two dogs. It's too much for our already busy and full schedules. She's a great dog, but she needs so much more attention than we can give her and she needs somewhere where she is able to run free and expend all that energy she has pent up. I will miss her at times but I know we're doing the right thing and I hope to find her a great home. Anyone on here who knows someone looking for a dog, please let me know or let them know about me. You can give them my email: stepher1980@yahoo.com if they are serious about taking her. I'm going to post her on freecycle.org also and hopefully find someone kind and caring who wants a good little dog to play with and keep them on their feet. She will definitely do that! She has been quite an ordeal since we got her, what with the getting pneumonia for a month (and costing me over $1000 in vet bills!!!). She's great now though, lucky person who takes her after me. They're getting a very expensive dog for free.
Well, I think I'm going to go right now. I still have to make a trip to Walmart to get a shelf of some sort for all my Mary Kay inventory, get stamps to mail out my thank you notes from my wedding (finally!!) and also stamps for my Mary Kay debut party. I'm having that next Saturday morning at 11am. Anyone interested in coming, please let me know. You are more than welcome!!
I just needed to write about the dog and kind of rationalize for myself why we are getting rid of her. It helped. Thanks for listening.
Steph

No comments: