Saturday, September 6, 2008

The blog that took all day to write...sigh...

I went to my first MK meeting today. It was fun and interesting to watch. I have a long way to go to be like these women though. They are so put together and they all look so great! I thought I was doing good wearing my dress and putting on a full set of makeup! I felt so drab compared to them. They all have their nails done, jewelry on, hair done and perfect and I do mean PERFECT makeup! I could just stare at some of them. lol, I didn't though so don't worry. The meeting got me pretty excited when I saw how many people were willing to come to the "Muffins and Makeovers". Now that I see it in practice, you are really just bringing women to meetings to get makeovers and a chance to try out the product. I guess there are a lot of women out there who will do that. I didn't think there would be - then again, sales has never been something I have tried. So I learned a lot then after the meeting was over, I sat and spoke with my director about inventory options and having my debut party. I'm going to have one hopefully on the 27th at my mom's house....yea, mom, about that...I'll be asking you about it later this afternoon when I see you! lol. I hope a lot of women will come. It's going to be fun and of course, there will be food and plenty of product to try out! My director, Jennifer, is a wonderful woman with a great story who is very energetic (most MK women are) and very encouraging and uplifting. She prayed with me at the end of our little meeting. I think I'm going to like her... A LOT! Tomorrow I'm supposed to go over to another team-members house for a little training session in the afternoon. I think that will be really good for me so I know what I'm supposed to be doing. I'm sure some of you are thinking "How is Stephanie going to teach me about using makeup??" -- I wondered the same thing since I've not been a huge makeup user during my life. This is a learning experience for me too!
On to other stuff. I need to pick a song out today for the women in our church to start working on tomorrow. I really want to get the women's musical group going again. It was something they all enjoyed, I enjoyed and the church was blessed by them. They are really good and there's just something about a group of women singing and harmonizing together that just sounds great! I can't wait. I kind of already have a song in mind, I just have to see if we still have the CD and the music book for it. I'm also excited about Christmas music! I love Christmas!! It's my favorite time of the year! I love how the air is charged with energy everywhere you go and you smell coffee and sweets all the time and it's just a magical time of year to me, even if we ARE in Texas and don't get much snow to complete the Christmas feeling. Nevertheless, it still has that feeling and I'm all about feelings!
You who are reading don't know this but I started writing this blog around 3pm this afternoon and it's now 10:30pm and I'm finally finishing it! I've been taking breaks to clean and get things done around the house that I needed to. I also had music practice at 5:30 so I took a break then too. Today we traded out a dresser for the one we had. My parents just bought another investment house to rent out and the previous owners left a dresser. It's not new by any means but it's MUCH better than the one we had! Ours had flakes of the varnish coming off on everything and it was really old. This one is old, but solid wood and no flakes coming off. It's also a darker wood and narrower so it doesn't take as much space up as the other one. Bryan (my brother) and Waylon had a good time taking the old one down and bringing the "new" one up. lol...not really. I helped by taking down the drawers so that the dresser was lighter. The new dresser got me in the "cleaning" mode so Waylon and I organized our room and it looks 1000 times better than before! I threw out a ton of "stuff" that I didn't use and didn't even realize I still had, therefore meaning I could throw it out and not miss it. Our room is much better, but now I'm noticing how bare it is. Nothing really on the walls except for one picture I hung tonight of Waylon and I. I really need to get something up on the walls in there. I need to get stuff up on walls period because our whole apartment is bare, however, that falls under the categories of wants really and therefore not something I can afford to spend money on right now. We are tighter this month for money than we were last month. Maybe I can make a few extra bucks with my MK. We'll see...I'm hoping I can!
Well, I'm off to bed. I'm exhausted and have been yawning constantly since about 3 this afternoon so I think I should definitely try to get some quality sleep time. Good night folks and sorry if this blog seemed a bit "off" since it was written throughout the day.
Have a great Sunday!!
Steph

No comments: